When I saw Evil Bong listed on Hulu, it seemed like the kind of quirky horror comedy I like, but I wasn’t sure. I procrastinated watching it for a while, and then one day I turned it on and was glad I did. The movie was more comedy than horror, but it worked really well. Even before Eebee was introduced, the interaction between Alistair and his roommates had me laughing out loud. Before I knew it, I’d watched all six Evil Bong movies. I haven’t yet watched the Gingerdead Man movies, but they’re now on my list for sure.
If you like horror comedy and you haven’t seen the Evil Bong movies yet, I recommend them. Here I’ve listed them from my most to least favorite.
- Evil Bong (2006) – This is my favorite because the interaction between the characters is funny as hell and I also liked seeing Tommy Chong as Jimbo.
- Evil Bong 420 (2015)– Rabbit’s bowling alley is the best setting after the original college room. Sleazy and funny.
- Evil Bong 3D The Wrath of Bong (2011)– Love to hate the nasty alien bong. This movie is my third favorite in the franchise.
- Evil Bong 2 King Bong (2009) – This one almost took third place to me. I liked the jungle setting and Cyril.
- Evil Bong 666 (2017) – The style of this movie was a little darker than the other Evil Bong movies. While the previous movies sure weren’t sweet, none of them left me feeling disturbed, but this one did. Don’t get me wrong, I like that disturbed feeling because as often as I watch horror, very few provide that sensation. Strangely, it was the image of Sarah Leigh wandering around in the demented clown costume that stayed with me after the movie was over.
- Evil Bong High 5 (2016) – High 5 was funny and similar to the other movies. With more of the Bong World, it wasn’t disappointing, but it didn’t stand out quite as much as the others.
Have you seen the Evil Bong movies? Which one is your favorite?